Our mission at Clearspace is to make better spaces available to more people. We are disrupting the commercial real estate industry by reimagining how offices are designed, built and delivered. As a [construction-tech startup / modern design-builder] built by a group of industry outsiders, we have developed solutions to materially reduce the cost of and simplify commercial construction. We work with Canada’s largest landlords and have been involved in number of Toronto’s largest office transactions. You’ll work with an incredible team of smart, driven individuals to re-think how office space is delivered. Join us, as we change an industry and make awesome workplaces accessible to more companies.
About the Opportunity
Clearspace is seeking a Senior Interior Designer based in Toronto with exceptional design and leadership skills to combine creativity and technical knowledge to produce functionally beautiful spaces for clients. You are an integral member of the design team, responsible for delivering exceptional spaces for clients, mentoring junior staff, and developing best-in-class processes for the design team.
Here's what you'd be doing...
- Lead programming for client needs, conceptual design, schematic design and design development through to project completion
- Lead, direct, and/or assist with client meetings
- Lead the selection and presentation of furniture, fixtures, equipment (FF&E), colour palettes, and lighting
- Manage, mentor and coach the next generation of interior designers
- Collaborate with Project Managers and team members to prepare work plans that adhere to design intent, budget, schedule, and agreed-upon work plan, utilizing best practices
- Provide design support and documentation during completion and execution of design concepts and technical drawings / implementation
- Assist in the development and implementation of new processes for the design team
- Assist with project scheduling, staffing and productivity initiatives
Our ideal candidate would have...
- Bachelor's degree in Interior Design or related field from an accredited school
- ARIDO/IDC and NCIDQ credentials (preferred, not required)
- 7+ years of interior design experience
- Ability to lead teams of all sizes to success
- A strong mastery of AutoCAD
- Knowledge of all aspects of interior design including programming, block planning, room data, space planning, construction detailing, material selection, furniture selection and specification
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-starting, responsible, and highly motivated individual
About the Way We Work:
An inclusive working environment and a vibrant company culture are at the heart of Clearspace. ****These values describe who we are as Clearspacers.
- Integrity First - We do the right thing, even when no one is watching
- Grit - We don’t give up when it’s tough. We get back up after we fail.
- Treat People Well - We build relationships based on respect and transparency. We don’t work with assholes.
- 80/20 - We focus on the things that matter. We don’t sweat the small stuff.
- Continuous Improvement - We push our limits to be better. We are never complacent.
Clearspace is an equal opportunity employer strongly committed to diversity and inclusion. We currently employ a hybrid work model to offer our team choice and flexibility to accomplish their best work. Join us and build something incredible!