Our mission at Clearspace is to make better spaces accessible to more people. We are disrupting the construction industry in Canada, drastically changing how commercial offices are designed, built, and delivered. We are a group of industry outsiders who have created a solution to reduce costs and improve the quality of space built for our clients. You’ll work with an incredible team of smart, driven individuals to re-think how office space is delivered.
About the Opportunity
We are looking for a driven and dynamic accounting leader to join and help grow our finance function.
This is a highly visible role in the company, with ownership over the accounting and reporting functions. The individual will play a critical role in scaling our accounting operations to support business growth across new geographies and verticals, and serve as a finance partner to management.
About the Deliverables
- Have ownership over the entire accounting cycle, including cash management, treasury, accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Oversee the month-end close process including but not limited to general accruals, operational expenses, intercompany transactions, consolidations and the overall timeline and completeness
- Prepare timely financial statements providing accurate insights & analyses of the business results
- Review and file HST/QST and other government remittances
- Develop, document, and implement best-in-class internal controls
- Support the annual budgeting & operating planning processes
- CPA designation with 5 years of progressive experience
- Process oriented and obsessive over details – you take pride in knowing all the details and ensuring accuracy
- Result oriented and thrive in a team environment
- Tech savvy and a strong aptitude for identifying and trying new technologies
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a drive to constantly improve on the status quo
- Desire to be part of a high-growth, mission-driven startup on a path to disrupt a market
- Experience as a Controller at scale-up company is a bonus, but not a requirement
Our team is a small, well-oiled machine. An inclusive working environment and a vibrant company culture are at the heart of our values as a company.
Our core values are:
- Integrity First - We do the right thing, even when no one is watching
- Grit - We don’t give up when it’s tough. We get back up after we fail.
- Treat People Well - We build relationships based on respect and transparency. We don’t work with assholes.
- 80/20 - We focus on the things that matter. We don’t sweat the small stuff.
- Continuous Improvement - We push our limits to be better. We are never complacent.
Clearspace is an equal opportunity employer strongly committed to diversity and inclusion. Join us and build something incredible!